I haven’t participated in any meme’s for awhile now, so when Rudy tagged me with the “8 Random Things About Me” meme, I figured I’d play along this time. It’s taken me a few days to think about what to include in this meme post, but I think I’ve come up with a few things that may make this at least somewhat interesting for my readers, with a little bit of help from my archives.
Here are the rules:
- Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.
- At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’ve been tagged, and to read your blog post.
8 Random Things About Me:
1. I read a lot. At this moment, I have five books stacked on my nightstand still waiting to be read, not including the extra book in my recent book giveaway that I’ve already read from cover to cover.
2. I hate to cook. I do not enjoy cooking, but my Strawberry Shortcake recipe seriously kicks butt, and is a true winner in my family. I find no pleasure in preparing main meals, but when I make desserts, cakes and cookies, the smiles on my kids faces tell me all I need to know. I also collect casserole recipes as well as cookie recipes that are simple and easy to make, and the family does enjoy those.
3. My husband and I used to have our very own Bar-B-Q Restaurant, and my hubby’s beef brisket, pulled pork and ribs were the talk of the town. The hours we both put into the restaurant creating bbq recipes for customers to enjoy, working our pork butts off from early morning till late at night, eventually made us decide we needed to have our lives back and we closed the restaurant.
4. My friends and family think I’m pretty funny (my daughter says I’m “hysterical”). My sense of humor is somewhat sarcastic, and I love Bill Cosby, Jeff Foxworthy and Larry The Cable Guy. Fortunately, my crazy sense of humor hasn’t gotten me into much trouble. Yet.
5. To this day I still retain my title as Reigning Queen of Whack-a-mole! No one has been able to beat me whacking those little mole heads that pop up randomly at the arcade we used to hang out at on weekends. Family and friends were very sure of themselves in their numerous attempts to take my crown from me, but they’ve always failed. hehehe
6. I’m also pretty awesome at Air Hockey, and my oldest son took great delight in finally………being able to beat me playing Air Hockey. Problem was…, it took him until his 21st Birthday to accomplish the task. Momma Rocks at Air Hockey!
7. I love to dance, and nothing gets me on the dance floor faster than hearing the beginning notes to “She’s a Brick… House”. It doesn’t matter where I am, even when I’m at work, the moment that songs comes on the radio I start moving.
8. I sing, and I’m pretty darn good at it. I have recording equipment that allows my hubby to record me singing, and he listens to the CD’s of my songs in his car. I won the Grand Prize at a singing contest a couple of years ago, and the lady that used to win each year was none too happy about the standing ovation I received. I sound like Wynonna Judd and Bonnie Raitt, from what I’ve been told numerous times.
I’m going to tag: Joeprah; Lynnae; Matt; David Finch; Lightening; Rob; Todd; Megan. Sorry all, rules are rules.