Building self-confidence in children is an important responsibility for all parents, and one of the best ways to help children and teens gain confidence in themselves is with books written specifically with that goal in mind. Books promote new ideas for children and parents, but not all children’s books are specifically written to build self-esteem.
There are many ways to help children in developing positive self-esteem vs. low self-esteem, by way of “self-esteem activities” and children’s games that are fun for kids to do on their own, or games the entire family can play and enjoy doing together.
Children’s self-esteem books should not be thought of as simple “self-help” books, but they are books that can be used as a parenting tool to promote self-confidence in children, and it’s a proven fact that books and children’s games help build self-confidence in children and teens.
15 Self-Esteem Books for Children and Teens
Infant to 8 yrs
1. Don’t Feed the Monster on Tuesdays!: The Children’s Self-Esteem Book by Adolf Moser
2. Well Done!: A Confidence-Building Book by Richard Morgan
3. The Magic Violin by Mayra Calvani
4. The Lovables in the Kingdom of Self-Esteem by Diane Loomans
5. I’m Gonna Like Me: Letting Off a Little Self-Esteem by Jamie Lee Curtis
6. The Fearful Fairy by Sheri Hood
7. Shapesville by Andy Mills
9 to 12 yrs +
8. Stick Up for Yourself: Every Kid’s Guide to Personal Power & Positive Self-Esteem by Gershen Kaufman
9. Gifted Girls: Activities Guide for 365 Days of the Year: Fun Things to Do for Kids and Grown-Ups That’ll Develop Creativity, Social Skills and Self-Confidence! by Kailin Gow
10. The Girls’ Book of Success: Winning Wisdom, Stars’ Secrets, Tales of Triumph, and More by Catherine Dee
11. How Anansi Learned Self-Esteem: 10 Original Stories for Building Self-Confidence and Self-Respect by James Culver, Jr.
12. Confidence, Assertiveness, Self-Esteem: A Series of 12 Sessions for Secondary School Students by Tina Rae
13. The Feelings Book: The Care & Keeping of Your Emotions by Norm Bendell
14. Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff for Teens by Ph.D. Richard Carlson
15. Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul by Jack Canfield
101 Best Children’s Books – Classic Children’s Books
Divorce Books: Divorce Children’s Books
Building Self-Confidence in Children with Self-Esteem Activities
Categories: Children, Education, Family, Health, Parenting, Shopping, Teenagers – Tags: Best Children’s Books, building self confidence in Children, children’s self esteem books, Classic Children’s Books, developing positive self esteem, gain confidence, promote self confidence