Easter Sunday falls on April 24 2011, following Good Friday on April 22nd, with many Dallas area fun events for children and families including Easter egg hunts, brunches, and lots of fun things to do
Easter Sunday falls on April 24 2011, following Good Friday on April 22nd, with many Dallas area fun events for children and families including Easter egg hunts, brunches, and lots of fun things to do in and around the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex in celebration of Easter.
If you live in and around the Dallas area and surrounding suburbs, mark your calendars and plan ahead to enjoy taking in much of the fun this Easter holiday with your children and family. Easter Sunday events are planned for Dallas, Plano, Irving, Keller, McKinney, Southlake, Allen, Bedford, Colleyville, Flower Mound, Grapevine, Highland Village, Lewisville, Rockwall, Round Rock, The Colony, Cleburne, Coppell, Denton, Fort Worth, Gainesville, Grand Prairie, Oak Lawn and Wylie Texas.
Dallas/Fort Worth area Easter Egg Hunts 2011-
- Plano Easter egg hunt/events – Saturday April 2nd – Butterfly Egg-Stravaganza at Willow Bend Mall, including Easter egg hunt beginning at 11am, face painting and balloons, child friendly DJ, pictures with the Easter Bunny and more. Click here for more information.
- Irving TX Underwater Easter Egg Hunt on Friday, April 8, 2011, from 6 to 8 pm for children ages 1-11. Located at NorthLake Aquatic Center 5001 N. MacArthur Blvd in Irving, this Easter event costs just $1 which includes pictures with the Easter Bunny, magic shows, balloons, prize-filled eggs and more. Click here for information and registration details.
- Keller is hosting an Underwater Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, April 9, 2011 at the Keller Pointe Indoor Pool from 9am to 11:30 am for children 12 years old and under. $10 per participant and pre-registration is required. The Keller Pointe pool is located at 405 Rufe Snow Drive in Keller TX. Kids in age groups will have fun searching the pool for prize-filled eggs throughout the facility. For more information, call 817-743-4FUN.
- McKinney is hosting the 1st Annual Easter Egg Hunt for Individuals with Special Needs on Saturday, April 9th from 1 to 4 pm at The Ballfields of Craig Ranch in McKinney TX. RSVP/Registration required, so act now. Egg-citing activities include bounce house, pictures with the Easter Bunny, face painting, sac race, live bunnies, bunny hop cake walk, egg and spoon race, snacks and drinks, and much more. The Ballfields of Craig Ranch is located at 6151 Alma Drive in McKinney. Click here for more information.
- Southlake Easter in the Park will be held on Sunday, April 10 from 1:30 to 4:30 pm at Bicentennial Park. Activities include egg hunts, inflatables, fun crafts, live entertainment, cotton candy, and much more. This is a Free Easter event. Click here for details and scheduled egg hunt times, kids age groups etc.
- The city of Allen is hosting an Easter event including pictures with the Easter Bunny on Thursday, April 14th from 1:00 to 3 p.m. at the pond outside or case of bad weather, pictures will be taken in the Joe Farmer Recreation Center (JFRC) meeting rooms located at 1201 E. Bethany in Allen TX. The cost is $7. On Friday, April 15 from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm, enjoy Lunch with the Easter Bunny in the Recreation Hall located at 105 South Anna in Allen. Food provided by one the area’s delicious restaurants. Cost is $10 and pre-registration is required. On Saturday April 16th from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., enjoy Allen’s FREE Easter Eggscelent Family Adventure at Civic Plaza located at 305 Century Parkway. Activities include an Easter egg hunt + candy and goodies, a visit from the Easter Bunny, games, crafts, face painting and bounce houses. Afterwards, enjoy one more chance to eat Lunch with the Easter Bunny on Saturday April 16 from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. at Recreation Hall located at 105 S Anna. Be sure to bring your cameras. Click here for more detailed information.
- Bedford’s Easter Egg Celebration in Bedford TX is on Saturday, April 16th at Bedford Boys Ranch Pavillion for children 10 years old and under. The price is $5.00. Registration is required. The registration fee includes an arts & craft project, a picture with the Easter Bunny, a snack and an easter egg hunt that includes over 10,000 eggs! Areas will be marked off for different age groups. Click here for information, or call (817) 952-2323.
- Colleyville is hosting its Candy-Free Hoppin Good Egg Hunt and fun activities on Saturday, April 16th from 1 to 3pm at The Village, located at 100 Maint Street. This is a FREE Easter Event. Ages are infants up to age 12. Pictures taken with the Easter Bunny require a small fee. Click here for more information.
- Flower Mound is hosting its 28th annual Easter Egg Scramble on Saturday, April 9th from 2 to 3:30 pm at Jake’s Hilltop Park, located at 4975 Timbercreek Drive. This is a FREE event. A special appearance by the Easter Bunny and lots of candy. For more information, please call 972-874-6276.
- Grapevine’s Easter Egg Hunt at Historic Nash Farm will be held on Saturday, April 16th, from 9:30 am to 12 noon. This is a FREE Easter event. Nash Farm is located at 626 Ball Street in Grapevine TX. Separate egg hunts based on age groups, from infant to 12 years old. Candy-filled eggs, toys and more. Petting zoo, face painting, bounce house, hay rides, and more.
Click here for more information.
- The Highland Village Easter Egg Hunt is on Saturday, April 16th beginning promptly at 10 am at the Unity Park baseball/softball field behind Briarhill Middle School. This is a FREE Easter event, including pictures with the Easter Bunny, bounce house, face painting and fire station. Click here for information.
- The City of Keller Tree-Mendous Spring Egg Scramble is on Saturday, April 16th from 9 to 11:30 am. FREE for children 11 years old and under. Egg hunt location is at Bear Creek Park, located at 400 Bear Creek Parkway in Keller TX. Games and activities including bounce houses, slides, petting zoo and pony rides. Click here for more information.
- Lewisville is hosting its 24th Annual Funny Bunny Festival on Saturday, April 16 at Toyota of Lewisville Railroad Park, located at 1301 Railroad Street in Lewisville. 8:30 am to 12 noon. Visit with the Funny Bunny, face painting, play carnival games, plus the annual egg hunt. A pancake breakfast will also be available. Click here for more information and cost for admission, etc.
- Rockwall is hosting its 9th Annual Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, April 16th starting promptly at 10 am. Bring an Easter Basket to Tuttle Athletic Complex to hunt for candy and special eggs. Age groups from infant to 12 years old. Visit with the Easter Bunny, face painting, bounce house, etc. Click here (PDF) for more information; scroll down to page 7.
- Round Rock’s Flashlight Easter Egg Hunt is on Thursday, April 21st at Old Settler’s Park – Lakeview Pavillion, for infants up to age 12. This is a FREE Easter event. Bring your flashlight. Click here for more information and registration info.
- The Colony hosts its Spring Eggstravaganza on Thursday, April 21st from 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm at The Colony Five Star Complex, located at 4100 Blair Oaks in The Colony. Petting zoo, flower planting, egg hunt, craft area and more. Click here for more information.
Click these links for Easter Egg Hunts being held on Saturday April 23rd, one day before Easter Sunday, for detailed information for each of these Dallas/Fort Worth area cities near you: Cleburne, Coppell, Denton, Flower Mound, Fort Worth, Gainesville, Grand Prairie, Irving Here and Here, McKinney, Oak Lawn, Round Rock and Wylie.
The Dallas Symphony Orchestra Easter Concert in the Park and Pooch Parade will be held on April 24, Easter Sunday, at Robert E. Lee Park, 3333 Lee Parkway in Dallas, from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. This is a free event, except for food and drink purchases from vendors at the park. Lead by assistant conductor Rei Hotoda, The Dallas Symphony Orchestra (DSO) will perform light classical music from 3:00 to 4:00 p.m., including picnics on the lawn and pooches. Sponsored by the Cedar Springs Merchants Association, the annual Pooch Parade for pets and their owners will take place along Turtle Creek Blvd at 1 p.m. Patrons are encouraged to bring blankets to sit on and enjoy the festivities.
The University of Dallas is hosting an Easter egg hunt on Saturday, April 23rd, starting at 3:30 p.m., located at 1845 E. Northgate Drive in Irving Texas. The egg hunt will take place on the lawn next to Jerome Hall. In order to know how many kids to expect, RSVP is requested by April 16th. For more information and/or to RSVP, please contact Rachel Gilliam at (972) 721-5133.
Irving is hosting their spring egg hunt event on Saturday, April 23rd from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the Northwest Park Recreation Center, located at 2800 Cheyenne Street in Irving TX. Registration is required. Children under the age of six years old will have the opportunity to hunt for eggs. Admission is free, however, children wishing to have their faces painted and wanting to have their picture taken with the Easter Bunny must pay five dollars for the privilege. For more information, please call 972-721-2609.
Bring your children to Grapevine Mills Mall on April 2nd from 10 a.m. to 12 noon to meet the Easter Bunny at the Kidgits Easter Bunny Arrival Party. Radio Disney will be on hand, and there will be fun activities and giveaways. Grapevine Mills is located off HWY 121 and Grapevine Mills Parkway, just two miles north of the DFW Airport. For more information, please call (972) 724-4900.
Eggs-travagant Easter Brunches-
Enjoying a gloriously extravagant Easter Brunch at Gaylord Texan with family and friends is an absolute must (my favorite place). Gaylord Texan’s Easter Brunch is held in the beautiful ballroom on Easter Sunday, with menu items and celebration champagne to die for, followed by their Easter Egg Hunt the whole family will enjoy. Seating times are from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. every half hour (except for 12:30). The price for the Gaylord Texan Easter Brunch is $65 for Adults, $25 for Children ages 6-12, FREE for Children 5 and under. (Cost includes brunch food, champagne, Easter Egg Hunt, self-parking, service charge and tax.) To make reservations, please call 817-778-1000, or book your brunch reservation online at gaylordhotels.com.
Another great Easter Brunch will be held at McArthur’s Restaurant at the Crowne Plaza in Addison from 11:00am to 2:00pm on April 24th, Easter Sunday. The food menu consists of Belgian Waffles, Omelets, Sausage and Bacon, breakfast breads, salads, Peel and Eat Gulf Shrimp, Smoked Norwegian Salmon, carved prime rib, chicken, Au Gratin Potatoes, variety of vegetables, rice, corn chowder, fruits, berries and of course, cakes, pies and Pastries. $29.00 for Adults and $12.00 for children 6 to 12 years old. Kids 5 and under is FREE. Call in your reservations at 972-980-8877 or 972-246-6360. The Crowne Plaza is located near the Galleria at 14315 Midway Road in Addison, Texas 75001.
Nick and Sams Uptown Steakhouse is hosting an Easter celebration on Sunday, April 24th from 10:00am to 2:30pm. A variety of salads, Pecan Encrusted Salmon, Stuffed Pork Loin with Jalapeno, Pappardelle with Prawns, Trout, omelets, an assortment of breads and Easter drink specials for $4.00 include Mimosa’s and Bellini’s. Children will love the Kids Station with menu items to delight their taste buds. Prices are $60.00 for adults and $20 for children 4 to 12 years old. Tax, gratuity and beverages are not included in the price. This restaurant is located at 3008 Maple in Dallas.
Check out The Orion Ballroom for a Jazz Easter Brunch with a Holiday Buffet that includes carving stations, omelets, pastries, desserts, and choices for breakfast and lunch. From the 15th floor, the Onion offers a 360 view of Dallas, a dance floor and a private bar. This Easter event is April 24th from 10:00am to 3:00pm and is located at 400 S. Zang Blvd. in Dallas. Call 214-942-1661 for more detailed information and reservations.
Enjoy an four course Easter Brunch celebration at Nana at the Hilton Anatole Hotel on Easter Sunday. Located on the 27th floor of the Anatole Hotel in Dallas, guests will enjoy the breathtaking views of downtown Dallas city lights and a magnificent meal in the Nana Restaurant. For adults, the four course champagne brunch is $79.00, and the three course meal for children under twelve years old is $24.00. Call 214-761-7470 for information and reservations.