Reading books on health, natural nutrition and nutritional food supplements is a large part of my reading lists program. Many of the holistic nutrition books I’ve read so far have dealt primarily with dentistry: books
Reading books on health, natural nutrition and nutritional food supplements is a large part of my reading lists program. Many of the holistic nutrition books I’ve read so far have dealt primarily with dentistry: books on mercury in fillings, fluoride and fluoridated water, how the right kind of nutrition has the “side effect” of healing and curing tooth decay, actually reversing decay in teeth throughout the mouth etc.
It goes without saying that preventing tooth decay and oral diseases of the mouth offers the greatest benefits to the population, and greatly reduces the costs of dental office visits and treatments to fix decayed or broken teeth. Holistic medicine and nutrition covers a wide variety of health and healing matters by natural remedies, versus what traditional medicine and the so-called health “authorities” would like us to believe.
I make no apologies for my disdain and distrust of much of what the well-known health authorities and organizations have been preaching and teaching for many years. If you have ever heard the term “follow the money”, and understand the implications of how business profits can often outweigh the real adverse affects of what conventional medicine and drug pharmaceutical companies would have us believe about the safety of their products on overall health and wellbeing, you may begin to see why my book reading list continuously grows.
Best Food Documentary Movies
Besides reading books on natural health and nutrition, watching many of the best food documentary films about genetically engineered foods, aka genetically modified foods (GM Foods or GMO’s), has been fascinating and enlightening. There are long lists of GM food documentaries to be found online, and many if not most of those films can be seen on Netflix, Hulu, Google Videos and Youtube. You will be amazed at what you learn by taking the time to watch food documentary movies, vs. watching the typical mind-numbing garbage found on television.
If you really want to learn the true causes of tooth decay and other oral health problems in order to reverse, heal and prevent them, it’s time to get very serious and think about what you’re consuming via foods and beverages that are having negative systemic affects in your mouth and your whole body.
Here is a list of what I consider to be the 20 must-watch food documentary films, in no particular order.
- Food Inc – 2008
- Food Matters – 2008
- The Future of Food – 2004
- Food Fight – 2008
- The Gerson Miracle – 2004
- The Beautiful Truth – 2008
- Fresh – 2009
- King Korn -2007
- Food Stamped – 2010
- The World According to Monsanto – 2008
- What’s On Your Plate? – 2009
- Fast Food Nation – 2006
- The Real Dirt on Farmer John – 2005
- Genetically Modified Food – Panacea or Poison – 2005
- GMO Trilogy – Unnatural Selection – 2006
- GMO Trilogy – You’re Eating WHAT? – 2006
- GMO Trilogy – Hidden Dangers in Kids Meals – 2006
- Sweet Remedy – 2006
- Super Size Me – 2004
I’ve received quite a few private mails from readers since I first started posting articles about traditional dentistry vs. holistic dentistry, and of course the articles about the toxicity of mercury fillings and fluoride have drawn a lot of attention. Good.
Fluoride and mercury fillings are not only bad for teeth and bad for your health, they also weaken teeth over time, thereby increasing the likelihood of extensive and expensive dental treatments needing to be done to “cure” the problem. Mercury amalgam fillings are gradually (slowwwly) being “phased out” of dentistry, but not so fast that the reasons why mercury fillings are being stopped becomes a major scandal, where dentists and the public start asking “too many” questions, or lose trust in “the authorities”.
News reports about water fluoridation being banned in U.S. communities often use the term “outdated” as the reason for the ban on fluoridated water in the public water supply, so I wouldn’t be surprised at all if the “outdated” terminology is used to explain why mercury fillings are on their way out of dental practices; I just wish they’d hurry up about it and be done with it. See, the “authorities” have to protect their ass-sets from what could easily become “Mercurygate”, much like Fluoridegate, through public awareness via independent research and reading books that detail the facts.
Readers have asked for a concise list of books about fluoride, mercury fillings, holistic nutrition, natural nutrition and healing that I’ve read so far and those in my book collection I’ve not yet gotten to read. There are SO many books about holistic living and natural nutrition, many of them I’m not even aware of yet. But, trust me, I’m searching for them and adding them to my book reading list almost daily.
Here is my list of books on those subjects, some I have already read (sometimes more than once), and some I’ll begin reading once I’m finished with my current book.
- Fluoride in Drinking Water – A Scientific Review of EPA’s Standards, by the National Research Council (NRC)
- The Case Against Fluoride: How Hazardous Waste Ended Up in Our Drinking Water and the Bad Science and Powerful Politics That Keep it There, by Paul Connett, James Beck and H. Spedding Micklem
- In Defense of Food: An Eater’s Manifesto, by Michael Pollan
- The Hundred-Year Lie – How to Protect Yourself from the Chemicals That Are Destroying Your Health, by Randall Fitzgerald
- Nourishing Traditions – The Cookbook that Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and Diet Dictocrats, by Sally Fallon and Mary Enig
- Cure Tooth Decay – Heal and Prevent Cavities With Nutrition, by Ramiel Nagel (with Foreword written by Timothy Gallagher D.D.S., President of the Holistic Dental Association)
- Healthy Teeth – Healthy Body – How to Improve Your Oral and Overall Health, by Tom McGuire, D.D.S.
- Poison in Your Teeth – Mercury Amalgam (Silver) Fillings…Hazardous to Your Health!, by Tom McGuire, D.D.S.
- Mercury Detoxification – The Natural Way to Remove Mercury from Your Body, by Tom McGuire, D.D.S.
- Root Canal Cover Up – A Founder of the Association of Root Canal Specialists Discovers Evidence that Root Canals Damage Your Health, Learn What to Do – by George E. Meinig, D.D.S., F.A.C.D.
- Kiss Your Dentist Goodbye – A Do-It-Yourself Mouth Care System for Healthy, Clean Gums and Teeth, by Ellie Phillips, D.D.S.
- Uninformed Consent – The Hidden Dangers in Dental Care, by Hal A. Huggins, D.D.S., M.S., and Thomas E. Levy, M.D., J.D.
- Whole-Body Dentistry – Discover the Missing Piece to Better Health, by Mark A. Breiner, D.D.S. (with Introduction by Robert C. Atkins, M.D.)
- Nutrition and Physical Degeneration, Expanded Edition, by Weston A. Price, D.D.S.
- Oil Pulling Therapy – Detoxifying and Healing the Body Through Oral Cleansing, by Dr. Bruce Fife
- Coconut Cures – Preventing and Treating Common Health Problems with Coconut, by Bruce Fife, N.D. (with Foreword by Conrado S. Dayrit, M.D.)
- The Coconut Oil Miracle [Fourth Edition], by Bruce Fife, C.N., N.D., (with Foreword by Jon J. Kabara, Ph.D.) Previously published as The Healing Miracles of Coconut Oil
Ramiel Nagel’s book about the tooth decay cure will open your eyes and your mind to the truth about the real causes of tooth decay, and how you can prevent and heal cavities naturally, and save a lot of money in the process. Do your best not to become too upset at your dentist or dental hygienist – they don’t know the truth, and they likely haven’t done their own independent research. Doctors, dentists, dental specialists, dental hygienists and dental office staff are only doing what they were taught – by the “authorities” and health organizations who taught them everything they know and how they’re “supposed to” practice dentistry and medicine.
Real, true Holistic Dentists know the truth. Find one nearest you. Honest to goodness holistic dentists do not use mercury fillings, and they do not use fluoride treatments on kids, nor recommend the use of fluoride supplements. And guess what? True holistic dentists do not recommend root canals, at all, ever. What would you guess is the reasoning behind that? Holistic dentists do their utmost to educate patients in their office about how good nutrition has a positive or negative affect on the Whole Body, with results showing up in your teeth, gums, surrounding tissues and internal organs.
Recently I interviewed a couple of local holistic dentists about their professional approach to dentistry, vs. what conventional dentists tell their patients about good oral care, good dental hygiene, the real causes of tooth decay etc. At each office, I was amazed by the sheer numbers of holistic health books on display throughout the practice, and in the doctor’s private office.
Each of the dentists that I spoke with told me of the challenge they have in teaching and instilling in their patients the understanding of how eating the right foods, from the right sources, has everything to do with their oral health. If only patients would listen carefully, and do some independent reading on their own about natural health and holistic nutrition, patients would see the changed results in their teeth and gums, and throughout their whole body by following the recommendations.