I’ve been tagged with the “I’ve Come To Realize” meme on Facebook, which originated as the I’ve Come Realize MySpace Survey from bzoink.com. Colloquium and Ukok’s Place have already done their “I’ve Come To Realize” meme posts, and Judd has a weekly Sunday Stealing series where he “steals” memes from around the blogosphere, including the ‘come to realize’ MySpace survey.
RULES: “Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note completing the 36 “I’ve come to realize” statements. At the end, choose the friends you want to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you or I knew you way back when and am interested in what life has taught you!”
1. I’ve come to realize that my chest-size. . . is a gift bestowed upon me by my mother, although less would have been fine too.
2. I’ve come to realize that my job. . . is a field I got into quite by accident nearly twenty years ago and it pays the bills. I like it most days, but other days…not so much.
3. I’ve come to realize that when I’m driving. . . is a time for peace and quiet as I listen to my favorite music cd’s or radio stations, blocking out the usual stresses and problems I have no control over.
4. I’ve come to realize that I need. . . peace, quiet, love, acceptance, family, friends, structure, cleanliness, order, organization and my adoring husband to flourish in life. He recently told some people that I’m the best thing that has ever happened to him and that he couldn’t imagine life without me. Awww, he’s so sweet and I feel the same way about him.
5. I’ve come to realize that I have lost. . . the inability to accept or tolerate any “B.S.” in any form.
6. I’ve come to realize that I hate it when. . . false assumptions are made that all or most articles I’ve written here or elsewhere are about people in my life; they’re not. This blog is NOT a “personal blog”. While a few articles found here are about personal experiences from my childhood, previous marriage, my own children or my ex, many if not most have nothing to do with my current life, marriage or relationships.
- I am a member of ConnectContent, where members write articles and link to those within the network with “keyword” links on similar/same topics to help each other build web traffic to their blogs, which has everything to do with post ideas.
- I receive emails from mothers, fathers, children and teenagers on a regular basis who ask me to write a post about their situation or problem, without using their real names. Those emails lead to the articles about who pays for weddings; mother-in-law and daughter-in-law problems; the upcoming and yet-to-be-written son-in-law post, and any/all articles about divorce.
- The idea for the article about in-law problems came from a blogger I subscribe to, where I linked to his article on the same subject and expounded on it with my own views, opinions and religious beliefs in regards to my previous in-laws. Communication and relationship-building with people who primarily speak another language brings about all kinds of misunderstandings, hurt feelings and misinterpretations by people who just won’t stop reading into things that aren’t there. This blog is NOT the “life and times”… of me.
7. I’ve come to realize that if I’m drunk. . . It’s a case of mistaken identity because I rarely drink and I never get drunk.
8. I’ve come to realize that money… is simply necessary to pay the bills and live on. Nothing more and nothing less. That’s how I’ve always felt about money, and couldn’t care less about being “rich” or any of the societal materialistic jazz.
9. I’ve come to realize that certain people. . . will never like or accept me as I am, but that’s more their problem than mine. See #5. Life goes on with or without them in my life.
10. I’ve come to realize that I’ll always. . . wish time travel were real so I could go back in time and undo childhood experiences that no child should ever be put through. Although my childhood doesn’t completely define who I am today and what I’m all about, there is no escaping the longlasting effects of having gone through them.
11. I’ve come to realize that my sibling(s). . . are people who used to be a part of my everyday life but no longer are. Life goes on with or without them.
12. I’ve come to realize that my mom… I love my mother and father, and despite the problems we’ve over the years, I will do whatever is needed to help my mother and father in their elderly years.
13. I’ve come to realize that my cell phone. . . is a piece of crap and I need a new phone. Last week I received a text message that was sent to me on my Birthday (July 5th) and I just got it last week! An out-of-state friend of mine kept trying to reach me on my cell phone, but my phone didn’t ring at all and she kept having to leave voicemails and have me call her back. Stupid phone.
14. I’ve come to realize that when I woke up this morning. . . we’re officially on Staycation all this week, so why am I sitting here doing this silly meme post instead of out running around with my hubby? Oh yeah, it’s been raining this morning and it’s kinda nasty outside today, so hopefully later today or tomorrow will be better.
15. I’ve come to realize that last night before I went to sleep. . . we’ll be doing some shopping for some bridal shower gifts for an upcoming couple’s shower, and we’re both very excited and happy for the bride and groom.
16. I’ve come to realize that right now I am thinking. . . this meme is too long.
17. I’ve come to realize that my dad. . . is and always will be my dad, even though we’re no longer close. (See above)
18. I’ve come to realize that when I get on Facebook. . . it’s not a complete waste of time like many people say, but is an opportunity to stay in contact with family and friends that don’t live close enough to visit often, as well as the fun social networking aspects of Facebook (and Twitter).
19. I’ve come to realize that today. . . is just another Monday like any other Monday – except for being on Staycation.
20. I’ve come to realize that tonight. . . we may go to the movies to see a popular new movie that is getting great reviews. Not Harry Potter, because we’ve already seen that one the other day and it was great!
21. I’ve come to realize that tomorrow. . . and forever I will love and adore my husband, children, grandchildren, family and friends.
22. I’ve come to realize that I really want to. . . hurry up and finish paying off our debts, sell the house and downsize.
23. I’ve come to realize that the person mostly likely to repost this is. . . YOU?
24. I’ve come to realize that life. . . is too short to stress and worry about things you have no control over.
25. I’ve come to realize that this weekend. . . I’ll be gathering up some baby stuff and posting them on eBay or taking them to a local consignment shop, since my daughter, her boyfriend and their daughter are moving to Chicago within a month or so.
26. I’ve realized the best music to listen to when I am upset. . . Josh Groban or Michael Buble cd’s.
27. I’ve come to realize that my friends. . . love, accept and care about me and have been my friends for most of my life, and always will be.
28. I’ve come to realize that this year. . . I’ve thought about doing something really special with my husband, like making a plan to renew our vows on our next anniversary. I know, I’m such a romantic! We’ve talked before about doing that and it would be fun for both of us.
29. I’ve come to realize that my ex. . . is my ex for very good reasons.
30. I’ve come to realize that maybe I should. . . start working on Christmas 2009 posts since search engine people have been showing up in droves looking for the “hot toys” from last Christmas.
31. I’ve come to realize that I love. . . my husband, friends, family, children and grandchildren with all my heart and soul.
32. I’ve come to realize that I don’t understand. . . certain religions and their beliefs.
33. I’ve come to realize my past. . . cannot and will not define who I am now or in the future.
34. I’ve come to realize that parties. . . are fun unless everyone gets really loud. I don’t mean a little loud – I mean REALLY loud, for hours at a time.
35. I’ve come to realize that I’m totally terrified. . . of very few things, except something horrific happening to someone I love and care about.
36. I’ve come to realize that my life. . . has been blessed in many ways. I’m blessed with a husband who loves and adores me, children who love me, family and friends too. Who could ask for more than that?
I’m not going to “tag” anyone with this “I’ve Come To Realize” meme. If you’d like to participate, feel free.
Click here to see the list of other participants and check out their responses.