ABC has finally announced that Jason Mesnick, 32, will star as the next bachelor on the 13th season of The Bachelor, beginning in January 2009. Filming begins next month and hopefully Mesnick will have better
ABC has finally announced that Jason Mesnick, 32, will star as the next bachelor on the 13th season of The Bachelor, beginning in January 2009. Filming begins next month and hopefully Mesnick will have better luck this time with a brand new crop of contestants after DeAnna Pappas rejected him on last season’s The Bachelorette. Thankfully, ABC listened to the letters and hordes of emails from Jason’s fans who are now getting their wish granted. Jason will get a second chance at finding love on reality television, and hopefully the second time around will be all that is needed.
Here’s what we know about Jason:
- Jason is a native of Cleveland, Ohio, moved to Washington at the age of eight and received his BA in psychology at the University of Washington.
- He is a single father from Seattle with a 3 yr-old son named Ty.
- He divorced two years ago but wants to start another family.
- He’s the middle son in a family of three boys and lives with his younger brother, Larry, and with Ty in Washington.
- His parents are divorced and both are happily remarried.
- Jason is an account executive in estate and legacy planning,
- He has traveled all over Europe and continues to pursue his desire to see the world.
- He loves a variety of sports, including swimming, golf, basketball and football.
- In his spare time, he takes guitar and swing dance lessons.
- Jason is a “big brother” for the Big Brothers/Big Sisters of America. A philanthropist himself, he hopes to some day form and run his own children’s charity.
Jason told reporters in a recent interview that he hasn’t been on a date since Deanna. Is he ready to love again? Not on the rebound? He told People magazine he is looking forward to the opportunity to find love on the 13th season of The Bachelor.
“I am ready,” he says. “I am through it and open to giving these girls everything I can to find the one that is right for me. “All I am missing, really, is someone to share [my life] with,” he adds. “There’s no guarantee but 25 girls? I mean it’s a real opportunity to find just one.”
Mesnick posted a shout out to his friends on his MySpace page:
“An update for all of my new friends. Thank you so much for the continued support — I have some great news! I am not sure if you have heard, I have been selected to be the next Bachelor. I am so excited that words really can not explain. (WAAAHOOOO!) This whole experience has been surreal and it just keeps on going. With that said, at this point I am going to have to step away from my MySpace page. The casting producers will be watching over my page for now. They are an amazing group of people with my best interest in mind; so to all my new friends out there I am sorry I will not be able to reply for now, but if you are interested; the right people have their eye on my page. I am leaving my romance in the hands of the show — I hope to meet you on the upcoming season.”
I can hardly wait to see what happens on The Bachelor, and hopefully Jason and son Ty will have better luck than previous contestants who were engaged but never made it to the altar. Hopefully Jason will find his lady-love once and for all on the new season of The Bachelor. I’ll be watching. Will you?
Who Will Be The Next Bachelor?
Categories: Children, Dating, Divorce, Family, Marriage, Men, Parenting, Relationships, Women – Tags: ABC The Bachelor, DeAnna Pappas, Jason Mesnick, The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, Ty