One of my dearest friends sent me this poem entitled “24 Interludes of Life” the other day, and its meaning and message about life is so true, I couldn’t help but share it. 24 Interludes
One of my dearest friends sent me this poem entitled “24 Interludes of Life” the other day, and its meaning and message about life is so true, I couldn’t help but share it.
24 Interludes of Life:
- Don’t go for looks, they can deceive. Don’t go for wealth even that fades away. Go for someone who makes you smile.
- There are moments in life when you really miss someone that you want to pick them up from your dreams and hug them. Hope you dream of that someone.
- Dream what you want to dream, go where you want to go, be what you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want in life.
- May you have… Enough happiness to make you sweet Enough trials to make you strong Enough sorrow to keep you human Enough hope to make you happy
And enough money to buy gifts.
- When one door of happiness closes, another opens. But we often took so long at the closed door, that we don’t see the one which has been opened for us.
- The best kind of friend is the one you could sit on a porch, swing with, never saying a word and then walk away feeling like that was the best conversation you’ve had.
- It’s true that we don’t know what we’ve got until we lose it, but it’s also true that we don’t know what we’ve been missing until it arrives.
- Always put yourself in other’s shoes. If you feel that it hurts you, it probably does hurt the person too.
- A careless word may kindle a strife; A cruel word may wreck a life A timely word may level stress
A lovely word may heal and bless.
- The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves and not to twist them with our own image, otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them.
- The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes along the way.
- Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one so that when we finally meet the right person, we should know how to be grateful for that gift.
- It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone and a day to love someone – but it takes a lifetime to forget someone.
- Happiness lies for those who cry, those who hurt, those who have searched and those who have tried. For only they can appreciate the importance of people who have touched their lives.
- Love is when you take away the feeling, the passion, the romance and find out you still care for that person.
- A sad thing about life is that when you meet someone who means a lot to you only to find out in the end that it was never bound to be and you just have to let go.
- Love starts with a smile, develops with a kiss and ends with a tear.
- Love comes to those who still hope even though they’ve been disappointed, to those who still believe even though they’ve been betrayed, need to love those who still love, even though they’ve been hurt before.
- It hurts to love someone, and not to be loved in return but what is most painful is to love someone and never finds the courage to let the person know how you feel.
- The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past. You can’t go on well in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches.
- Never say goodbye when you still want to try; Never give up when you still feel you can take it;
Never say you don’t love that person anymore when you can’t let go.
- Giving someone all your love is never an assurance that they’ll love you back. Don’t expect love in return, just wait for it to grow in their hearts but if it doesn’t, be content it grew in yours.
- There are things you love to hear but you would never hear it from the person whom you would like to hear it from, but don’t be deaf to hear it from the person who says it with his heart.
- When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life to the fullest so that when you die, you’re smiling and everyone around you is crying.
If Tomorrow Never Comes
The Art of a Good Marriage
Gold Diggers Get Their Due Reward
In Memory of the Sad Passing of Common Sense
Understanding Assertiveness: Getting the Respect You Deserve
Be Who You Are and Say What You Feel, Because Those Who Mind Don’t Matter, and Those Who Matter Don’t Mind
Categories: Dating, Death, Family, Friendship, Marriage, Men, Parenting, Relationships, Religion, Teenagers, Women – Tags: 24 Interludes of Life, Gold Diggers, If Tomorrow Never Comes, Life Lessons, The Art of a Good Marriage
Happiness in marriage is not something that just happens. A good marriage must be created. In marriage the little things are the big things. It is never being too old to hold hands. It is remembering to say “I love you” at least once a day. It is never going to sleep angry. It is at no time taking the other for granted; the courtship should not end with the honeymoon, it should continue through all the years. It is having a mutual sense of values and common objectives. It is standing together facing the world. It is forming a circle of love that gathers in the whole family. It is doing things for each other, not in the attitude of duty or sacrifice, but in the spirit of joy. It is speaking words of appreciation and demonstrating gratitude in thoughtful ways. It is not looking for perfection in each other. It is cultivating flexibility, patience, understanding and a sense of humor. It is having the capacity to forgive and forget. It is giving each other an atmosphere in which each can grow. It is a common search for the good and the beautiful. It is establishing a relationship in which the independence is equal, dependence is mutual and the obligation is reciprocal. It is not only marrying the right partner, it is being the right partner. (Author: Wilferd Arlan Peterson)